Friday 14 September 2012

Happy Eidulfitri!!

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri..

I guess it is still not too late to wish all of u Happy Eidulfitri 1433H since raya is celebrated for like 30 days..


well, i hav a wonderful raya as last year me n my family celebrated raya in hospital. so this year i glad-fully celebrated raya at my hometown.

We collected duit raya (well, yes, those duit raya are my children's of course), visited family n friends (jalan2 raya :p) n da part that i love the most about raya is eating kuih raya.

there were lemang (i love lemang) , ketupat (ketupat nasi a.k.a ketupat segi empat or ketupat palas a.k.a ketupat segi tiga) n lots of cookies (kuih raya).

unfortunately, since we have been modernized ( as some people said, melangkah ke dunia yg kian maju), it's hard to find all the traditional cookies, (tradisional kuih raya) like, kuih batang buruk, kuih kepit, biskut makmur, biskut mazola, kuih siput, agar2 kering n da list goes on.. mm.. kind of sad..

i love those cookies. even now, it is hard to find them in kampung either (org kg pon da pndai bli kuih tunjuk.. Huhu..). Most of my childhood kuih raya has extinct.. (oh no! I guessed we now hav to build a museum where we can put all kind of traditional kuih raya so that out next gen know their
roots..)

We spent a week celebrating raya before going back to our typical-boring life (though, spent 3days n 2 nights at gambang, my children love swimming pool, instead of visiting relatives. can i still say beraya?).

So, how about your raya?




0 comments:

Post a Comment